About Bumbling Bee
Meet the characters in the game:
- Bumbling Bee – The Protagonist, or the Main Character in the game. Bumbling bee is a standard bumble bee.
- Martin – The first predator in the game. The Martins diet consists of many insects and bugs including the Bumble Bee.
- Bee-Eater – With a name like that, the Bee-Eater can’t help but eat Bees.
- Wasps – They aren’t much bigger than bees, but several types of wasps eat bees, most commonly the a Hornet called the Asian Giant Hornet that can kill an entire bee hive.
- Mice & Rats – Mice and Rats will be eat bees for dinner and have been known to move in and eat the honey and the bees during winter months when the bees are down for their long winter nap.
- Weasels & Ferrets – Close cousins of each other, they both eat bees. They may enjoy the honey from the bees more than the bees themselves. The Weasel has a cousin that hasn’t made an appearance in Bumbling Bee yet, can you guess it before he shows up?
- Foxes – Foxes like the nests and the honey that bees produce. More commonly they dig into the ground for ground dwelling bees like the Carpenter Bee but will not pass up the opportunity to feast on a few Bumble Bees. *Where is the picture of the fox? We’re not sure but we assume the bear ate him.
- Bears – As we all learned from cartoons, bears LOVE honey but they also like the larvae, pupae and comb of the hives.
Have you noticed any trend? The mammals enjoy the honey, the comb and the larvae and pupae more than the adult bees but that still makes them predators of the Bumble Bee because they kill many bees of all ages when getting to the tasty center of the hive. Mammals will usually get stung many times on the face in the process of getting to the center of the hive but most of them have enough thick fur to only get a few stings. Birds don’t usually go for the entire hive they will pluck bees out of the sky in mid-flight. Bee eating birds tend to go for the in-flight bee and some will only eat the inside of the bee and leave the stinger for other scavengers like ants.
Enjoy the game, tell your friends about it.